I want to collaborate with BURST
Great! We look forward to collaborating.
The fundamental principle behind BURST network projects is that trainees lead on the development and delivery of the idea and recognition on publications. BURST is not simply a means of getting trainees to deliver already developed projects. Whilst input from senior clinicians is fundamental to our success, recognition of the trainees is the priority. Robust internal and external peer review processes, protocol development phase and committee adoption process’ have been developed by BURST to ensure that high quality and methodologically sound work is produced and the efforts of trainees who take part in BURST projects are safeguarded.
Submit an idea for a collaborative project
What do I do if I have an idea?
- Frame idea into simple concise statements using the Proposal Proforma
- Carry out a brief literature review on the topic to establish if the topic is important, what has been done so far and what you hope to add with the study. Check if there is already a systematic review or meta-analysis on the topic.
- Discuss an idea with a consultant Urologist who is happy to be an advisor on the project and agrees it is a good idea
- Refine the Project proposal form after input from Consultant
5. Email the BURST Research Collaborative with your idea or present it at a National Forum at one of our meetings
What happens to an idea after it is considered by the Research Collaborative?
Feedback is given to the Project Lead Investigator:
- Is there potential to develop this idea and deliver it as part of a Research Collaborative project
- A Project Committees will be formed
- Successfully adopted projects will follow the typical examples seen in Figure 1 and Figure 2
Figure 1: BURST Adoption Process:
Figure 2: Each phase needs to be satisfactorily completed to lead to a successful project
Advertise a survey on the BURST network
If you simply would like BURST to advertise a survey, please complete the form below. We are willing to consider advertising short surveys with clear aims. We prioritise surveys that we feel are clinically or educationally important. We advertise a maximum of 1 survey per month. We apologise that we cannot approve every survey request. Please do place your request several months in advance as there may be a waiting list. For any presentations or publications that result from a survey that we advertise, we would ask that BURST be mentioned in the acknowledgements.
Advertise an opportunity on the BURST network
We can advertise opportunities that fit in with our organisational aims to our BURST network. Typical examples include research opportunities, job opportunities or courses. It should be clear how trainees can benefit from the opportunity. Please contact us on email@example.com to discuss further.
We welcome collaboration with other individuals, organisations or collaboratives that fit in with our aims as an organisation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.