General committee positions OPEN
Deadline: 23:59 Friday 15th May 2020
Following on from the IDENTIFY & MIMIC, we are looking for several enthusiastic urology trainees/fellows/doctors interested in urology to join the committee to assist with the running of our research collaborative and our 5 upcoming projects!
This will be a very rewarding role as you will not only gain skills in a number of key areas such as research methodology, study design, statistics, delivering clinical studies and publishing papers but you would have a chance to contribute to and lead high quality research that may change clinical practice and be recognised for this. You will also have the opportunity to network with leading clinicians in British Urology and have mentorship from the BURST family.
We are looking for flexible people with excellent team-working skills, who are self-motivated to go the extra mile and who can contribute with their own ideas. An essential criterion is having time to dedicate to projects so dedicated academic time or being out of program for research, are highly desirable qualities. Even without academic time, those who are highly committed to the BURST cause but in full time clinical jobs have previously flourished providing they have the right attitude and drive and are willing to dedicate time to BURST. Prompt electronic communication using software like Slack is essential. IT proficiency, specifically the ability to design websites or programming is also a desirable quality. Experience in fundraising from commercial and charity sponsors is another desirable quality. The post will be for up to 18 months subject to a 12-month review. Meetings are held approximately 4 times a year either over Skype or at the major UK conferences (e.g. BAUS, EAU, NRCM).
If you would like to apply for a committee position please email a word document (strictly max 500 words) & 2 page max CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of email, ‘BURST Committee 2020’ outlining:
- Your current position (e.g. year of training, deanery, are you out of programme?)
- Why you are interested
- What is your research experience is to date (Involvement with research, research skills, research degrees, formal methodology training, key publications, key presentations)
- Any other major commitments or pending applications for other committee posts that will take your time up over the next 2 years.
Please specifically mention:
- If you are out of programme for research or have any dedicated time for academic work (or plan to be in the next 12 months)
- If you are highly proficient in IT e.g. database formation or website creation
- If you have experience in successfully raising money from commercial sponsors / charity
- If you have previously organised large teams of people
- If you have been involved in BURST activities previously
BURST Research Collaborative Committee